SmashAttackReads

Smash Attack Reads...Where Smash Attacks Books!

Another avenue to let out my inner book geek? Squee!

City of Glass (Mortal Instruments)

City of Glass - Cassandra Clare I've sped through this series like a bat out of hell. I couldn't put the books down. From the moment Jace showed up at the coffee shop to retrieve Clary, the world and story had me. I knew, in my heart, that she and Jace couldn't be siblings. How could an author really do that to his/her readers anyway??? Their love is blinding, honestly. It is SO pure, so perfect, so untainted (well, tainted with Angel blood is a blessing!) I guessed Sebastian's true existence from the moment Clary laid eyes on him. It just fit, and it didn't take long to learn his evil ways. Valentine was a messed up individual, but he definitely created a monster in Sebastian/Jonathan. I was so proud of Izzy when she came to save Jace's life! The love the Lightwoods feel for each other is immeasurable. I am also beyond happy that after 3 books, Alec was finally able to get over his fear and let the world know who he loved. :)This book was full of sorrow and betrayal, but it was the most glorious read of the series. Or is it? City of Fallen Angels is still looming. Sebastian/Jonathan isn't really dead...is he?