SmashAttackReads

Smash Attack Reads...Where Smash Attacks Books!

Another avenue to let out my inner book geek? Squee!

Faefever (Fever, #3)

Faefever (Fever, #3) - Karen Marie Moning Monsters and massages and mayhem, oh my!This series ain’t no joke! It keeps getting better and better, building and building. What a wild ride! I am really enjoying the Fae lore and the magical world that KMM has created. It really is a great Urban Fantasy series, full of fantastical creatures sinking their claws into modern-day Dublin. Great characters, fantastic dialogue and one hell of a plot.Mac is still on a quest to face her sister’s killer and kick some serious arse. She has been receiving pages out of her sister’s diary via a mystery person. Unfortunately, the pages only raise more questions. No one will give her answers and she is sick of playing games. She has faced ugly, dangerous things since her arrival in Dublin, and while she has been forced to face her true nature and purpose, she refuses to give up the last vestiges of Mac 1.0. I love her for that. :)I was nothing if not determined; at least twice a week I would wear bright, pretty clothes. I was afraid if I didn’t, I’d forget who I was. I’d turn into what I felt like: a grungy, weapon-bearing, pissy, resentful vengeance-hungry bitch.Barrons remains fiercely sexy. The man is shrouded in mystery, speaks more eloquently then a King and dresses like he just stepped out of a GQ magazine. However, he’s still an asshat and really got on my nerves in this book. He continues to treat Mac like a child and was beyond rude to her. He could give two shits about her feelings, but continuously requests her services as the only person alive that can track the one item that can save the world. Who does he think he is? The cake scene was just wrong. I seriously wanted to take a piece and shove it in his face. However, there is no doubt that Barrons is completely lusting for Mac. He cannot wait to get his grubby whatever-he-is paws into her flesh, literally. Still, he doesn’t let her phase him, and he holds his assholish composure throughout. But he does it so well. :)"I moistened my lips. His gaze fixed on them. I think I stopped breathing.He jerked so sharply away that his long dark coat sliced air, and turned his back to me. “Was that an invitation, Ms.Lane?”“If it was?” I asked, astonishing myself. What did I think I was doing?“I don’t do hypotheticals. Little girl."As I moved deeper into the room, his gaze dropped to my feet, and worked its way back to my face. I was wearing faded jeans, boots, and a snug pink Juicy T-shirt I got on sale at TJ Maxx last summer that said I’m a Juicy girl.“I bet you are,” he murmured."Barrons and V’lane had little snarky spats with each other about Mac, too, which was highly amusing. They are both lusting after her and both are doing all they can to be the one to break her down into sexual submission. V’lane is a sexy beast too, and gives Barrons a run for his money, as Mac so readily notices.If V’lane were a signpost, it would read Abandon All Personal Will, Ye Who Tread Here.V’lane may be Fae but he seems to be the only one who is wiling to give Mac info. It’s still hard to say if he is good or bad, but I like his character. He has given Mac protection by allowing her to call on him when in need. He has to plant his name on her tongue via a kiss, and I just loved his comment. Yum!“How does it feel, MacKayla? You have a piece of me in your mouth. Would you like another?”Christian MacKeltar becomes a more prominent character in this book. And holy hell, do I ever want to meet him! Mac’s description of this Scottish lad makes me smile from ear to ear. Sounds like my kinda man. His special talent is quite intriguing too (get your mind outta the gutters!), and I wonder how he will play into the story. I loved this line, glorious in its Scottish accent. *meow*“He’s the one who’s been doing the magic against us?”“Duh,” I said.“Doona be ‘duh’ing me, lass,” he growled, his burr thickening.DANI! What a fecking hoot that kid is! I absolutely adore her character to pieces, and while I think her ego is a bit large for her britches, she is still a force! I seriously think she is just searching for someone to relate to. Even though she is part of the larger sidhe-seer organization, none of them are extraordinary like Dani, and they treat her like a child. She is quite bored and wants to do something, instead of sit around and twiddle her thumbs. She and Mac are a great team and I smile inside over their relationship. Mac is moving into a big sister role for Dani, a role she has never played with but knows the importance of. Anyway, Dani is a spitfire and I adore her!"What the feck?” Dani snapped when I answered. “You sleep like the fecking dead up there! I been calling you for five fecking minutes!"The end of this book was a horrific cliffhanger. I am feeling so much agony for Mac right now, and I can only pray that someone comes to her rescue, since Barrons and V’lane were obviously too busy to save her. I can’t wait to dive into Dreamfever! I’m almost to the end of the series and it will be a sad day. :(