SmashAttackReads

Smash Attack Reads...Where Smash Attacks Books!

Another avenue to let out my inner book geek? Squee!

Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, Book 2)

Blood Bound - Patricia Briggs Read this review over at Smash Attack Reads! http://smashattackreads.blogspot.com/2010/11/book-review-blood-bound-by-patricia.htmlMy ThoughtsThis wasn’t a favorite of mine but it isn’t for lack of trying. We get intimate with the vampire seethe, which is quite the eerie bunch. I find their magical chair bloody fascinating, literally. What a contraption. Unfortunately, the vampire plotline just wasn’t exciting for me, but you can’t deny that vamp-demon dude was hella scary. There is one scene that I found to be one of the best “scary” scenes in any UF I’ve come across. It involves Mercy and the crazed demonic vampire. If you’ve read the book, you know exactly what I’m speaking of. And if you haven’t, get ready for a great look-under-your-bed-and-say-your-prayers scary scene! This particular foe definitely brings the physical and psychological terror.We do get to see Mercy use her brains and brawn and, as expected, the woman comes out a true heroine. Mercy is a fantastic character and she never falters from why so many of us love her so: She is a courageous, witty, tough, intelligent, compassionate soul. She gets into trouble in the very first chapter because she just can’t “look the other way”, which is why I love her so much. We social workers are all about ethics. Samuel and Adam are definitely on edge about who Mercy will choose, and two Alphas on edge is great entertainment! Mercy has a deep history with Samuel but Adam can definitely hold his own. There is a smexy scene between Adam and Mercy, and you can view the smexiest line in the entire book below. Like, woah, baby. Samuel also confides in Mercy, and tells a very sad tale. My heart was breaking for the guy. Also, a loveable character in the series gets ripped to shreds and hangs on to dear life for days…it’s definitely a heart wrenching book in many ways!My Favorite QuotesHe bit the nape of my neck and I moaned. (I think I may have moaned too. LOL) Now, I'm not very vain. If I'd ever been, making my living covered in various grease and dirt mixtures would have cured me quickly. Still, I wasn't up to facing two sexy men when I had one eye swollen mostly shut and half of my face black and blue. So in the sweltering heat of a July night, I sang a Christmas carol to a room full of fae, who had been driven out of their homelands by Christians and their cold-iron swords. A dominant wolf's desire to protect was a strong instinct- Samuel was very dominant. Give him an inch, and he'd take over the world- my life, if I let him.