SmashAttackReads

Smash Attack Reads...Where Smash Attacks Books!

Another avenue to let out my inner book geek? Squee!

Carpe Corpus (Morganville Vampires Series #6)

Carpe Corpus - Rachel Caine See this review at Smash Attack Reads! http://smashattackreads.blogspot.com/2010/08/mini-reviews-carpe-corpus-and-fade-out.htmlThis storyline begins immediately after the 5th book, Lords of Misrule, where Claire was stuck between a battle of vampires. Father and daughter, to be exact. Not a good place to be! Amelie, master of Morganville, has disappeared. Claire has been forced to serve her crazy ass father, Bishop, who is out to destroy his daughter’s home. Amelie resurfaces at some point and reassures Claire that she never intended to go down without a fight.A very interesting character introduction in this book was Ada, I won’t give away who/what she is, but Claire definitely finds herself on the outs with unstable Ada. Claire grows a lot in this book, I think. She has finally found her inner bitch and gives back the sass ten-fold. Go Claire! Also, Shane and Claire become closer than ever - I really adore this couple, and I adore Shane. Eve is so sarcastically fantastic and Michael is just as protective and level-headed as always. However, Myrnin is the one that shined in this book. I am definitely glad he will continue on in the series. His character is eccentric and manic, yet when he is calm and collected, he is almost father-like.