SmashAttackReads

Smash Attack Reads...Where Smash Attacks Books!

Another avenue to let out my inner book geek? Squee!

Fade Out (Morganville Vampires Series #7)

Fade Out - Rachel Caine See this review at Smash Attack Reads! http://smashattackreads.blogspot.com/2010/08/mini-reviews-carpe-corpus-and-fade-out.htmlAll seems well in Morganville, but, it is Morganville. Poor Claire just can’t seem to catch a breath of trouble-free time. The opening events of this book are pretty awesome and get you really excited for the rest of the story. In this book, Claire meets an ex of Shane’s who is like a bad rash that won’t go away. Kim is also moving in on Eve like rapid fire and Claire feels threatened by Kim’s newfound friendship with Eve, especially since Eve thinks Kim is God’s answer to awesomeness and Kim loves to ignore Claire. Claire also sees red when Kim reacts a bit to happy when reunited with Shane. Claire reacts to the situation a bit immaturely, but hey, jealously can do that to people.Claire finds herself facing an enemy like no other: Ada. Claire is quite intelligent though and figures things out before others, so she remains on her guard throughout the story. However, Ada proves to be quite the powerhouse and Claire finds herself in a serious situation! I have to say, Ada is a really interesting character and I really love the uniqueness of her, as a whole. In this book, the Fantastic Foursome (Claire, Shane, Eve and Michael) are a serious force! I was proud of their moments together.