SmashAttackReads

Smash Attack Reads...Where Smash Attacks Books!

Another avenue to let out my inner book geek? Squee!

Bad Taste in Boys

Bad Taste in Boys - Carrie Harris Read entire review at Smash Attack Reads! http://www.smashattackreads.com/2011/09/bad-taste-in-boys-fun-romp-through.html"It was game on, zombies. Game. On."Kate is a very unlikely heroine and it was easy for me to connect with her. She’s your stereotypical nerd who wants to be a doctor when she grows up. She has epilepsy and lives with her younger brother and father. She volunteers for the football team, doing all sorts of odd jobs, including medical assistance. She works closely with the team’s doctor, Dr. Ho, aka “The Ho.” Kate’s brother, Jonah, was just as adorable, and I thoroughly enjoyed their scenes together. Geeky familial love FTW!I’ve got to give credit to Carrie Harris for bringing the laughs. This book was extremely amusing in the best way possible and kept me entertained from start to finish. The zombie plot, however, was not as exciting as I’d hoped. While the zombie problems comes about in a weird, funny way, I don’t feel like the zombies were in the spotlight. Yes, they are the reason for Kate’s actions and propel the story forward, but they were too much in the background for my tastes. I am not sure I understand the cover or the title for this book, either.The ending fell a bit flat but I definitely enjoyed the ride. The humor is what kept me engaged, as well as the characters. If you are looking for a non-challenging read that is fun, light and silly, then Bad Taste in Boys is perfect for you.