SmashAttackReads

Smash Attack Reads...Where Smash Attacks Books!

Another avenue to let out my inner book geek? Squee!

Bloodfever (Fever Series, Book 2)

Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning Smash Attack Reads: http://smashattackreads.blogspot.com/2011/01/book-review-bloodfever-by-karen-marie.htmlI enjoyed this book much better than the first one. I learned a lot more, there was a lot more action, some grisly, gruesome bad guys, and even a touch of sensuality. Mac has definitely matured a lot, despite what Barrons thinks. She has come to terms that everyone is using her (Barrons, V’Lane, etc) and that she has no way to change that fact. Instead, she is putting her foot down and demanding more answers and respect.Barrons is becoming more and more mysterious! I am so perplexed by his character and wonder how trustworthy he is. And what the feck is he, anyway? He was still his arrogant self, but we definitely see a tender moment or two, and maybe even some jealousy! There is a scene near the end where he and Mac try to beat the shit out of each other, and it turns into a hot sadomasochism scene, for like, a second. Ha. Oh, you tease KMM! *shakes fist* I can’t wait for those two to hit the sheets (or shower, wall, kitchen counter, where ever!) because it is going to be glorious.V’lane visits Mac at a very inopportune time, whisking her away to Faery. There, he gives her what her heart most desires: one last moment with her dead sister. It was a beautiful scene and I truly felt empathy for her character. After Mac growls at V’lane to never, ever do that to her again, he says he thought it is what she wanted. Is that really why you did it, V’lane?When Mac is out and about one day, she recognizes that a young girl can see the Fae, so she runs after her. This young girl, Dani, is a red-headed spitfire who uses the cuss word Feck. I don’t know if this is a common term in Ireland, but I LOLed every time it was used. Feck is my official new cuss word. Dani is part of the organization of sidhe-seers, and they are trying to recruit Mac, of course. Mac doesn’t know who to trust. The woes of a sidhe-seer. *sigh*Near the end, Mac comes face to face with a brutal enemy, one she has pissed off royally. Mallucé, a known vampire, hunts her down and tortures her to pay her back for a bit of his own pain. Luckily for Mac, Barrons is never to far away and Mac gets the chance to face her own real-life demon. Great action!He was Enemy. I was Destroyer.I do believe today is the release of Shadowfever, the final book in the series. I need to get the final 3 books stat!My Favorite QuotesBy six o’clock, I’d had fifty-six patrons, rung up an impressive amount of sales, and discovered that I liked being a bookseller. I’d found my calling. Instead of serving drinks and watching people turn into drunken idiots, I was being paid to give people wonderful stories to escape into, full of mystery, mayhem, and romance. Instead of splashing anaesthetizing alcohol into glasses, I was pouring fictional tonics to alleviate the stress, hardship, and drudgery of their lives.---Being touched by Jericho Barrons with kindness makes you feel like you must be the most special person in the world. It’s like walking up to the biggest, most savage lion in the jungle, lying down, placing your head it its mouth and, rather than taking your life, it licks you and purrs.---"I couldn't‘t tell the difference between the two of you anymore!" he roared.I smashed my fist into his face. Lies roll off us. It‘s the truths we work hardest to silence. Then you weren‘t looking hard enough! I‘m the one with boobs!" I know you‘re the one with boobs!They‘re in my fucking face every fucking time I turn around!"---I get off on a man with strong moral fiber. The closest Barrons ever gets to fiber is walking down the cereal aisle at the grocery store.---I’m asking the questions tonight.” One day I was going to write a book: How to Dictate to a Dictator and Evade an Evader, subtitled How to Handle Jericho Barrons.---If he’d been any other man and i'd been any other girl, I’d have called the narrowing of his heavy-lidded dark eyes lust. But he was Barrons and I was Mac, and a blossoming of lust was about as likely as orchids blooming in Antarctica.