SmashAttackReads

Smash Attack Reads...Where Smash Attacks Books!

Another avenue to let out my inner book geek? Squee!

Alien Tango

Alien Tango - Gini Koch Read entire review at Smash Attack Reads! http://www.smashattackreads.com/2011/10/alien-tango-sugar-tits-and-walrus-boy.htmlWhere ever do I start? I can always tell when I’m really enjoying a book because I don’t have a lot of notes written down. Yes, I’m one of those readers. Well, if you could see my notes page, you would either go “What the bleep?” or laugh at how ridiculous it is that I take notes. Ok, let me make my point. See, not a whole lot to go on. Which me brings me back to my point: Gini Koch knows how to deliver one hell of an entertaining read. And If you couldn’t tell by the title of this post, this book delivers laughs of ginormous proportions. I think I scared my cats a time or two from the abrupt cacophony of guffaws known as my laugh. Did I really just write that sentence? I found the humor to be better than the first book, which was hard to top, people! There is so much happening in this book! Kitty is faced with not-so-crazy-about-her soon-to-be in-laws, which proves to be hilarious. However, Kitty doesn’t take shit from anyone, and she shuts up an entire house full of A-Cs. She commands respect and it’s one of her best qualities. She also dodges a murderous stalker and two alligators who Kitty aptly names Gigantigator and Alliflash! A couple of Kitty’s ex-boyfriends add drama to her love life, and she confronts tradition in the name of individual rights. Plus a whole lot more. Overall, I loved the outcome of all of these plotlines, as well as the addition of new characters. ACE is pretty amazing and I look forward to his role in future books. I loved that Gini wove real-life issues into this story, such as arranged marriages and marrying someone of a different race / culture / religion. It’s hard to remember the difficulties that Jeff and Kitty face as a couple because they are so perfect for each other, but their relationship has never been easy, and it’s mainly due to outside influence. If it were up to them, I think they’d spend 90% of their time in the shower together, and 10% kicking ass and taking names. I love Gini Koch’s “voice” as an author. Her work is an absolute joy to read, not just because she is hysterical, but because when I read her books, I feel like I’m getting to know her personally. And let me tell you, I would definitely enjoy a drink or two with this woman. It would turn into a party before happy hour was over!