SmashAttackReads

Smash Attack Reads...Where Smash Attacks Books!

Another avenue to let out my inner book geek? Squee!

Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts Series #1)

Unholy Ghosts - Stacia Kane Check out this review at Smash Attack Reads: http://smashattackreads.blogspot.com/2011/02/review-unholy-ghosts-by-stacia-kane.htmlWow. What can I say about this book that will do it justice? I admit that I was iffy, at first, but I dove in head first. It was so nice to read a fresh perspective on the genre and I feel that new life has been breathed into my beloved Urban Fantasy universe. Kudos, Stacia!Chess lives in a dark, gritty future devoid of government and religion. The Church of Truth is the new power, and they work to keep humans safe from ghosts, who will attack at will! Chess is a Churchwitch, and works as a Debunker. She catches these ghostly suckers and hauls their translucent asses down to the City of Eternity, the place beneath the surface that contains these deadly apparitions. Downside reminds me of London Underground in Neverwhere, my favorite book ever. Of course, the worlds are completely different, but the characters, setting and overall feel are reminiscent of the other.